Tuesday, November 17, 2009

While the Hubby's Away...

His wife will redecorate! Well since my husband has been in the Mojave Desert for war training I decided to re-do our room to my liking. I'm not sure if I had let you know before, but I am not in love with my tropical looking bed. It's not romantic to me. It looks like something I would find in a Florida hotel. Though I must admit it is a Pulaski piece that I bought brand new ($102 total) from a local warehouse online auction site. Sadly that site doesn't have top notch pieces like they used to.
Well while I was desperate to get it out of my room, I knew we couldn't afford another one. So to the garage I went and stumbled upon this....

Our bed from our first place together! Here is what it looks like with all of it's attachments. I can't fit it in our room with all the pieces on. But I do love it again (hubby never did) and am happy it's back in my life. After a couple of white gloss coats here ya go...
It does need some touch up since I banged it around trying to get it up the steps by myself, but all in all I think it's a little improvement. It will look better once I paint the room the right shade of gray (when I find it). Over the bed I hung a heart shaped mirror that reflects my chandelier. I love a mirror over the bed.
And some mirrored frames. The frames and mirror were both purchased on eBay. The frames were about $10 ea. after shipping. I had them hanging on another wall in the room.
I have a chaise at the foot of the bed I bought from an aunt for $80, which she bought at spiegel. It was less than a year old! My daughter keeps pulling the beads off of the bottom for some reason or other.
This is a corner that I dedicated to my little girls. They like to watch when I am getting glammed up. I thought it would be fun for them to have a space to get glammed up also. So this is what it looks like now...(notice there used to be shades on the chandelier. Yeah they're in the kitchen now.)
I found this in our garage when looking for things to repurpose for our house. I forgot all about it.Soon (hopefully this week) I will be painting it as a scaled down version of this..(minus the flowers)

My littlest girl loves sitting here. She even has free range of my perfume as well as her own.
Inside her drawer she has another little mirror her auntie Sarah gave her. There is also play jewelry. Maybe Santa will bring her some pieces that have seen better days, and if she is extra good a little nail polish. Well maybe not nail polish. She's not ready for that yet.
I do have some lamps I am replacing the smaller lamps with. They are currently in the drying process. And I've been wearing down my mom for her fireplace that hangs on the wall (also purchased at that local warehouse for uber cheap). Mom if you are reading this I am making a public plea!! Obviously I have so much more to do in my room. I have so many DIY projects unfolding that I will show as I do them. So stay tuned. I am hoping to get it all done in the next couple of weeks. You heard that one word that defines that sentance...HOPING :o)

8 comments:

Dayka Robinson said...

I really liked your old bed, too! So much you can do with it--it's very Elle. And I think I might need to go shopping in your garage--you're "stumbling" on EVERYTHING in there! Nice stuff.

Dayka Robinson said...

oh yeah--you're comments were so funny! lol @ the funeral bit . . . .

Deanna Jackson said...

Exquisite...I absolutely love the orange and turquoise combination with the white...Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog!!

theLennoxx said...

Your bedroom is so light and serene! I love your chandelier!!

theLennoxx said...

and LOL @ Dayka's comment, I too noticed that Adrianna keeps discovering new items in her garage all the time!

Annette said...

Your bedroom looks so romantic and peaceful. I love all love all of the mirrored pieces. Excellent job!

Redesign Diva said...

Wow woman, you have a lot og go to items, i live that headboard, it is so elegant and the foot chaise *gasp*

as you can tell i pulled up a chair and am sitting under my hair dryer commenting like crazy, I can't get enough!

i love a mirror over the bed too, but I think we mean different things..lol

brokeintrovert said...

This room is awesome!