Saturday, November 7, 2009

Coming Attractions

I'm not sure exactly what I am going to do with these 2 chairs I purchased this week for $30 off of CYS. But I know I want them to either be edgy or at least different.


Here is the room that I was talking about in the last post. It has a great pop of yellow! Since this picture we have replaced the bed and....(scroll down to the next pic plz)
added some more storage. I redid 3 of these steel drawers $10 ea. at Habitat for Humanity's store called ReStore (which you can find some of everything for home projects & decorating) and this file cabinet (1 of 3 for $10 total) for the room above.
While I was in memphis a couple of weekends ago I had intended to go yardsaling. Yeah, that didn't happen. But while on my way to goodwill I did see one yard closing up shop and snatched this desk up for $10! It will be going into my room after a complete makeover.

I'm replacing the $20 Bassett chest (which I bought both nightstands to match for $40 more) inbetween my girls bed with this $20 wider one. I purchased both on CYS. If you live near a military base I am sure there is a local CYS for you too. I've been working on it while I work on the infamous armoire.

I purchased 2 of these framed prints for $16 from a local flea market I absolutely adore called This Old Place. I have changed them twice so far, and they will soom be in my den also.







4 comments:

Dayka Robinson said...

Love the stuff you got, but especially that $10 desk!!! I also liked the way you layered your pillows on the bed--I'm always trying to figure out a good mix. I have to look at this cys--i haven't clicked on the link yet.

Symone's Mommy said...

LOVE LOVE the black and yellow. That yellow is HOT! Thanks so much for checking out my blog. It's just a little blog. I have PLENTY of projects but am kind of indecisive. I need to just do it and jump in w/ both feet. I'm following your blog now. Dayka is cool. Very glad she referred you to me...I need all the help I can get :)

Symone's Mommy said...

BTW, I have a desk very similar to yours from a resale. It's in my home office. I SWEAR to have an update on my office this week. (yeah, right) :)

Redesign Diva said...

I love H4H restore.... we have a lot of them here...

colors scheme, the bomb! Yellow is hott!