Wednesday, February 17, 2010

DIY: Sweetest Chandy Shades

These are one of the last posts I am doing on my DIY projects before I show you the final product of my girl's room. I'm wrapping up the last piece of furniture and then it's a go. This is the chandelier I wish I had. The shades were $17 ea. + shipping. No way Jose (btw that just happens to beez my pappy's name)!!

This is what I had. I borrowed the chandelier shade image from ebaY. I have to tell you tho, mine looked exactly the same but with tacky cheap gold trim!! I ripped the fabric off the shades on the ride home from goodwill, where I got them for $1 ea. The chandelier I bought for $10 brand new off of Bargainland when they had kick butt house stuff for sale. You wouldn't believe the goodies I've bought for uber cheap.

These are the things I used for this e-z p-z project. Some fake roses (wish I would've waited until after Valentine's when the roses go on clearance :o( ), hot glue, thin pink ribbon, chandy shades, & scissors.


After removing all the glue, fabric, & tape??, that was originally the trim, I glued 2 rows of pink ribbon. I glued 2 only because I needed to hide some of the hot glue spots from the previous janky DIY done on these shades.


This is what it looks like after. You can do a thicker ribbon or just one thin ribbon. I think little pearl beads would've been pretty too.

I pulled the roses off of their stem and cut some of the plastic green stem glued on the bottom so I would have more area to hot glue to the shade.

Here is one all done up. I think it's perfect for my little girl's chandy! It isn't all pink like the one in my inspiration pic but it's just as girly.


Here's another view in good lighting.


Want to see it attached to the chandy?! Good because I've got a few more pics to share :o)








Honestly, What do you think? Overdone? Just right? Should I have used any other type of flowers? I have two lamps on her dresser, should I put some little roses on those shades or just some ribbon? Or just skip both? That is an issue I have been struggling with lately. I haven't done anything to them b/c I'm not sure I should. What do you think?




Linking up @
The Inspired Room, & Finding Fabulous (which btw has a FABULOUS GIVEWAY! Hot Hot Hot)





12 comments:

The Single Nester said...

So not overdone. Just right and very sexy. I wish I had a chandelier in every room. Romantic.

Symone's Mommy said...

OMG...you have the touch! That looks great! I feel like such a slacker. I have a chandelier from BEFORE Symone was born (5 years ago) and still in box.

Dayka Robinson said...

I love your chandy. I think the roses look great, but I don't think you should add roses to the other ones. Maybe ribbon, but it depends on the look of the lamps/shades. That chandelier is really hot!

Redesign Diva said...

OMG!! that is some chandy love girl! VERY VERY NICE! I m gonna read more, see what else you have created! AWESOME! GORGEOUS!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

That turned out beautiful! I love the pink roses on the bottom! So cute!

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

Now that is cute! For a little girl's room, I think it is perfect!

j said...

For a little girl's room? Uh un. Not overdone AT ALL. It really turned out SO pretty. The finished project was fab!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

GEt!OUT! I LOVE IT!!!!!!
Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week!
Hugs,
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

nostalgia*gal said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your chandelier and what you did to your now custom chandelier shades! Awesome job! Wish I had the time as chandeliers are always a special love of mine. Again really great job!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the chandelier and I think the shades turned out beautifully! I might do one rose on the lamps just to tie the lighting together.

Free Art Printables said...

Those shades are so sweet!

Desiree said...

Love, love, love!
Great job!