Monday, December 7, 2009

Jadeite or Jadite..Does it Really Matter?

Not when you're searching eBay. I found it's better to do both.
I've been wanting to do a plate display in my living room for a good minute. Well now that I have my projects under some control I think it's a good time to start looking for plates to pull it off with. This is the picture that sparked the controversial debate in my mind.


done by her

I also plan on doing 2 pictures with plates over them by my armoire
to tie into whatever plate display I do.

I'm either doing them over this entry doorway or over my fireplace.



Oh How I wish I could do it over my den entry. I would do something grand and huge.
(Ignore the wretched fan plz.)


I want plates like these. I actually have 2 in cream bought at TJMaxx for $2 ea.




I would love these too! I plan on mixing in turquoise, light green, and cream.


While searching here & here I found these. They would be so perfect for my bedroom, which btw has come a little ways since this. Well back to painting. I'll try to have a reveal tomorrow...*fingers crossed*

5 comments:

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

Plate displays are really decorative, and you can build on it over time!

Here is another turquoise bed for you (if you havent already seen it?):

http://thelennoxx.com/2009/08/31/romantic-roses/

Dayka Robinson said...

I love the word "wretched". :) They have a few of those plates in that teal at the TJ's by me (last time I checked) and they have a cake stand too, which is really pretty but I don't know what I would do with it since most of my stuff is white. Question-how do you feel about your sidelites being open? If you're looking for something to obscure the direct view but still want the light, I can show you what I did.

Smitten Design said...

I love a good plate wall- especially with turquoise in the mix.

Symone's Mommy said...

OMG, okay, we are kindred spirits! That top pic has been on my desk top for a month. Been buying random plates for the last month trying to build up to that. I think I have enough, but need some plate holders, but I'm too cheap to buy full price. Annette gave me some a while back, but I lost them. What are you using to hang?

Symone's Mommy said...

Adrianna - the fabric I used is called Opal Chenille. i bought it all but they have a couple of variations still on clearance. This one is exactly like mine but is more of a blush neutral than tan. http://www.fabric.com/clearance-fabric-home-decorating-clearance-discount-fabric-chenille-sienna-texture-shrimp.aspx They have a no hassel return policy. Just call and they email you a label to drop off at a UPS dropoff.

BTW - I am going to Dollar Tree tomorrow to try the plate thing. I am too excited about that. Thanks for the link.