Wednesday, April 7, 2010

When Did Big Lots Become The Ish?!

That's what I want to know!?! I rarely ever went in Big Lots, maybe once a year if that. Last Thursday I decided to stop in on my way to the playground w/ my Jelly Bean. Boy oh boy, let me just say this.. we never made it to the playground. Here's why.

The holy grail of sinks is only $ 299!
It's sidekick for $249

The little tag-a-long is $229. You can't beat those prices with a switch, even if you had to pick it off the learning tree yourself.

I don't even care that they are sinks & that I rent and don't even need it! The only reason one didn't come home with me was b/c I left the truck in Memphis and only had my car I'm not a hoarder and I feel I need to establish this somehow. But man I could've taken my mirrored trays and covered those plumbing holes on top and used them as side tables that could sit in the garage w/ everything else I've bought. Wishful thinking.


I bought 8 of the frames above. 4 for me and 4 for my mama (the one who sent me to pick switches). At $7 ea. they were a hell of a deal. Pictures do no justice. They also come in black & dark wood. They will go in my bedroom. I'll show you an update of my room this week or next.


I also picked up 2 mirrored sconces for my mom. They were $10 ea. which to me is $5 to much. Just sayin...

Here is a better look at the ones I snatched up.



I love this $60 mirror. I thought the quality was well worth the $$. It would be perfect in a bathroom over the sink.


I rarely love prints. Though I have some in my home, I have yet to find ones that steal my heart. I do like this one though. It was about 3.5-4 feet tall. For $30 if I had the right room for it, in it would go.

I bought tons of other things. The Echo Pointe items they sell are FABULOUS, and 50% off right now! While blog surfing I saw that High Heeled Foot In The Door had a post today about her Big Lots finds. Funnyish. Big Lots, when did you get so grand?! I applaud you, hell I'm gonna give you the standing "O" for truly making my day. BRAVISSIMO!!

14 comments:

Sarah @ Hennessey House said...

ok, we must be on a psychic wavelength or something, because i went to big lots yesterday, too!! in fact, when i first walked in, these kick-ass looking vases caught my eye and i veered off track to go examine them. i deemed them unworthy of their $6 price tag and went to go buy my paper towels and such, but man i was impressed, too. i'll definitely go back when i have time to check things out in better detail. (i didn't make it to the furniture and wow, can't believe some of their options!)

Destination Seaborn said...

GET OUTTA HERE! I can't believe that! I haven't been to Odd Lots in ages. Wow! Lisa

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

The mirror sconces are so cute. I've been (passively) looking for something like this! And the sinks are pretty fab, I really like #2. Can't wait for the room update =)

The Single Nester said...

Bravissimo mia amica! My Big Lots does not have stuff like this at all. Great job girl!

###### said...

damn...dont make me go to big lots..i got bills...and lucky for me i didnt have to pick my own switches...my granny had those bad boys waiting on top of the fireplace as a reminder for me..but my husbands mom made them do that..she would even make them go get switches for the when she was about to whoop his siblings..and was told he would get it to if he brought in a little switch....to funny thinking back to those days...my daughter use to scream if she saw me going to the tree! LOL

Dayka Robinson said...

why did i just take a photo of that EXACT same sink (the first one) yesterday???? i was just in big lots look at the summer stuff (hoses, chimes, etc), but they didn't have a lot of the stuff you found. i love that mirror!

micah said...

Looks like I need to make a stop by BL this weekend!!

Decor I Adore said...

I also saw those sinks at Big Lots this past weekend... I was amazed at the price and almost wished we had a bathroom to redo.. your idea of using them as side tables and just covering up the holes w/ trays is an amazing idea!

Redesign Diva said...

Ok that is nuts! I rent too but would totally buy one for my RV(when I get one)...I am loving those mirrored accents...and no boo you are not a hoarder...he he

Great finds..check out Big Lots..I am going to mine.

Unknown said...

Big Lots has style now, wow those are Pretty sinks!!!

I love the $60 framless mirror so elegant...

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

I have two Big Lots within 15-20 minutes away from my house. I'm going to both of them tomorrow!!

Those sinks are crazy hot! and for $299? GET. OUT. OF. HERE!!!

Nessa said...

I've never been to Big Lots but if I liked shopping I would certainly go.

Silvana Kathryn said...

I love big lots! I have gotten some amazing finds there. The one close to my house had these adorable mirrored mini drawers. They were precious but something like $35 and so I passed them up.

Fran said...

No way!! Big Lots?? I have one by me where I work - I need to check it out. LOVE those mirrors!!! Awesome finds!