Tuesday, April 6, 2010

She's Got Those Beyonce Legs

And I have a feeling if I stick her on the back burner like I've done some of my other projects she might just use them to kick me where the sun don't shine!




I bought fabric a couple of weeks ago for $3.50 a yard out of the remnant bin @ Hancock Fabric. Straight CRACK (highly addictive) right?! I purchased what they had left.



I bought this fabric online for $5 a yd. I need like 2 more yards, but it has went up to $10 a yd. I'm just gonna bite the bullet. Yeah I'm cheap like that..you gotta know how I roll by now.

I'm thinking flower on the front & seat, tiger in the back on 4 of the chairs. The other two end chairs will get tiger in the front and seat and possibly some other fabric in the back. How wild is that?! And I'll be putting the nail head back in place too.
Here is a pic of all SIX chairs in my basement. I know ya'll see that freakin sofa back there..smh, a dang<--substitute bad word there, shame. Imma get a handle on this madness.



Here is the picture the seller had posted. $50 for the table and 6 chairs!!


I wanted to show you the legs to the table. Thicker than a snicker sweety! And as for the top, the leaf folds in underneath!



Don't worry. This project will get all my attention this week. I'm thinking extremely light beige paint on the wood. Here are the chairs I bought a couple of months ago for $80...yeah using them is out the window. I'm still going to re-do them and selling them though. My current dining table set will hit the market asap.


I'm sure you are like "Someone call Hoarders!!", but I swear I'm finally getting this craziness under control. I'll have some progress to show finally. And I'll be showing the step by steps of this table project as well as others. My heart is all in it on this one!
p.s. I'm sorry I've been neglecting my blog. My babies (kiddos not furniture) need me now. They are having a hard time coping with the ole ball & chain not being here. I hope you understand. I'm finding a balance now.
Also hit up Dayka's give away!! Just don't leave a comment, you'll be lessening the chances of me winning the custom stamp!! I kid, I kid..ok not really.

15 comments:

René said...

Well shut the door! I have been missing you and can't wait to see this unfold! Good luck with those Beyonce legs though, she's in shape now.

Oh and more importantly, yes, your boys need you and we are always here when you get back :0)

Decor I Adore said...

AMAZING deal! I can't wait to see what you do with it! I need to be as bold as you... I have a chair I posted about today that I have to start working on, but have not gone as far as buying fabric. I just can't wait to see those chairs with that wonderful fabric!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

You are so funny. Love it! And love your plans for those chairs.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Fabulous! I'll be watching, I am loving your great deals...wow! The fabric combo is gorgeous. Janell

Dayka Robinson said...

YOU ARE KILLING ME WITH THIS STUFF!!!!
It might be wack where you live, but they sure have some FABULOUS stuff!!!

Alisa: a pina colada said...

What a great project! Can't wait to see the outcome. Please share. Love the yellow zebra print!

brokeintrovert said...

Awesome furniture and fabric!

Karen said...

I'm still laughing about that hoarders comment!

At first I thought you were just recovering one chair. You are ambitious! Good luck with the project. I'll be anxious to see your final product.

Unknown said...

you little horder!! lol, I'm begining to think where I live in Cali, the craigslist has caught on, its so far now to find killer deals.....I'm glad there are still deals, but I think your getting steals!!!

Meg said...

Unbelievable!! Those chairs are fabulous and your fabric choices are even more wonderful! So chic, darling!

lindsay said...

oooooh! what a steal you got! i can't WAIT to see what you do with it. the curves of those legs, mmm mmm mmm.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome deal! I love the shape of the chair and the fabrics you chose. It will be so much fun to see the finished project.

Nessa said...

That first chair is so great. I love the legs. Personality galore.

Destination Seaborn said...

Wow! You find the best deals! I'm loving that table and chair set. Lisa

Redesign Diva said...

How in the world did I miss this post? oh yeah the sun came out...lol

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those chairs girl! thicker than a snicker...lol I am soo using that one. I cannot wait to see what you do to this set chica!

Babies come first we are just folks who stop by to be nosey on your decor skills, we can wait!

xoxo
Kindle