Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sweet Success

How can something so easy be soooooo good!?! Last week I made some extremely heavenly got to be kidding it can't be that easy Strawberry Cobbler.



I bought some strawberries last week that just smelled so sweet, I swear I could taste strawberries in the air around them. I picked up 2 pints and went home got on Google, as I always do and found this awesome site. http://lesleyskitchen.blogspot.com/2007/08/strawberry-cobbler.html
Although I didn't use the exact recipe, because I didn't have all the extras on hand, I did use one I found in the comments section.
1 C. flour
3 Tbl. sugar
1 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
pinch salt
1/2 stick butter
1 egg 1/2 milk
Mix dry ingrediants together. Cut in butter. Add the egg and milk, stirring until it's all blended.
"Pour" (it's rather thick) into an 8x8 buttered pan. Top with fruit of your choice. ( I used 2.5 cups of strawberries) Then drizzle on this struesel:
1/2 C. flour
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 stick butter
Bake at 400 for 35 minutes. SO GOOD! You can use other fruits too.

1 comments:

Dayka Robinson said...

Um, how delicious does this look? I love strawberries! Hope it was delish!