Thursday, October 22, 2009

No Turning Back Now

Like I said before, this project is a sloooow transformation. With the other things I am doing this week the Girl's armoire has kinda been on the back burner. Here are some pictures I took a few days ago or last week??? I can't remember. But I'll be showing it somemuch needed love today :o)
I ripped the back off, because I have some fabric I plan on puttin back there to add some prettiness so it's not so bland.

This stripper ate right through the 5 layers of paint. In order from top to bottom were a beige rubbery paint, deep mauve/purplish, and white. The previous owners laid it on THICK!

After some scraping this is what I am working with right now. Looks bad huh? After a good sanding it will probably look like a beginners building project..lol. Though I am a beginner, so it is fitting then. Be back later with more pics. I might actually get some primer, and paint on today!!












2 comments:

K@The Thrifty Teacher said...

Wow! You have really had to work on that :) It is great to find another "local" blogger.

I have a dresser that I plan on stripping in the near future. How is the smell with this one? I almost bought a bottle of what promised to be "non-fume" stripper- but it sounded too good to be true.

Anyway, see you around! Keep posting those deals/makeovers. Love your girly-girl room too :)

Anne said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. I keep telling you that you should go into business. You have such a sense of style